What does the course cover?
The day will begin with a brief introduction to the equipment and safety procedures. You will then work side-by-side with the instructor as he demonstrates and explains the various bead making techniques. Some of the areas we will explore are:
– Consistently forming a good base bead
– Pulling stringer / Applying stringer decoration
– Dots, layering dots, feathering, poking, squashing, raking, twisting, etc.
– Bead shapes: Flattened beads, Bi-cone, Barrels, etc.
– Encasing your beads in glass
– Working with Gold and Silver
– Techniques for consistent recreation of bead styles
– Adding Murrine (Millefiori) to beads
And of course all of the beads you make are yours to keep.
For more details and to register for your course please visit this page on our Sister-site Glass-haus.org.
The charming studio suite Casa Siesta offers private access, double bed, bathroom (with shower) and even a fireplace for our winter guests. The suite opens directly onto the veranda and garden.
For pricing and details, please visit our Guest-House page.